|Parish | Peculiar | Pedantry | Personal | Photos | Plateways | Positronics | Post | Professional | Programme | Programming | Places|
|Central Shunting Yard|
|Main||Australia||Miscellaneous||Rest of World|
|NSW Shunting Yard|
|Main||pre 1924 Steam||Passenger Steam||Pass Cars||Electric||Shunters|
Number of Images on this Page = 3
25 of these locos were built by Dubs and Co, Glasgow, following the success of the B205 class, an earlier, similar designed loco. The B55s were 9 tons heavier, but operated similar services. As the T class appeared, the B55s were displaced to light branch lines and shunting duties.
From 1940 onwards, they were scrapped or sold off, and one went to the Bunnerong Powerhouse, where it is seen in steam in 1973 in the photos shown here.
|This page is copyright, and maintained by John Hurst.||
(accessible only on local network.)