|Parish | Peculiar | Pedantry | Personal | Photos | Plateways | Positronics | Post | Professional | Programme | Programming | Places|
|Central Shunting Yard|
|Main||Australia||Miscellaneous||Rest of World|
|Victorian Railways Shunting Yard|
Number of Images on this Page = 4
These locos were built to haul brown coal traffic over the 128 kms of Gippsland line between Morwell and Melbourne. They were built by English Electric, and 25 units were in service by August 1954. They were rated at 2400 hp.
With the demise of the coal traffic due to the advent of natural gas, they have all been withdrawn, and the electrification to Gippsland dismantled beyond Pakenham.
|This page is copyright, and maintained by John Hurst.||
(accessible only on local network.)