|Parish | Peculiar | Pedantry | Personal | Photos | Plateways | Positronics | Post | Professional | Programme | Programming | Places|
|Central Shunting Yard|
|Main||Australia||Miscellaneous||Rest of World|
|Victorian Railways Shunting Yard|
Number of Images on this Page = 8
The T class were introduced from 1955, and forced the withdrawal of steam locomotives in greater numbers. They were go anywhere mixed traffic locos, although as original delivered, suffered from lack of driving controls in the reverese direction, necessitating turning on turntables. The original units were delivered with footplate level cabs, but subsequent units had a raised cab that took the cab profile above the hood line. Later units were delivered with lower profile noses, and some have been rebuilt in this form.
|This page is copyright, and maintained by John Hurst.||
(accessible only on local network.)
20211022:0231: warning: failed to load external entity "file:/home/ajh/www/trains/tourist/moorooduc/T334-1.xml"
Please forward these details to John Hurst